Double Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I used soy)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Melt the chocolate in a small pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the plant-based milk and vinegar. Let sit for a few minutes. Stir in the sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly and beat until there are no lumps.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup ¾ full. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan and let the cupcakes cool for 20 minutes. They should be cooled all the way before applying the fudgey frosting.
- Add sprinkles! =D (A lot of sprinkles aren’t vegan though, so it might be a good idea to check.)