- spinach (or any other green you want as your base)
- 3 cups strawberries
- a can of sliced beats
- 1/3 cup tbsp jelly (I used grape)
- 1/2 cup tbsp oil (olive or canola works good)
- 1/3 cup tbsp red wine vinegar
- a little salt
- Start by making the dressing. Whisk together the jelly, vinegar, oil, and a little bit of salt to balance out the sweetness.
- Drain the beats and rinse the strawberries
- Slice the strawberries vertically. Then, lay the sliced beats and strawberries on a cutting board and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make hearts.
- Pile some fresh spinach on two dinner plates and arrange the hearts onto them as you like. Then drizzle some of the dressing on an you’re good to go.
- Adding some pecans or almonds might be a nice touch as well.