- 1 cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or spelt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk + a little more if needed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A little bit of oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil the mug with canola oil or something of the sort. (I used a “GoodCook” oven mug which is pretty big)
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and then add in the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla inside a bowl. Add milk as desired for a better consistency. It’s best for the batter to be thick, but not dry.
- Distribute the batter into the mug.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug. Use the tip of a knife to swirl cinnamon mix into the top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and check how it’s turning out. Put back in if needed.
- Drizzle on some vegan cinnamon roll frosting and serve.